Did I catch you off guard with this cartoon? Well, it’s adding some humor to the first day of a brand new year!
Anyway, I want you to make the most of the remaining 364 days, so I have gathered some links, quotes and some of my own musings that I hope you will find helpful.
- For this year, ditch resolutions and set SMART goals.
- After setting your goals, plan to evaluate your progress each day. “If you believe that you need to improve your self-discipline – hire a coach”, says Glenn Llopis of Forbes Blog. Related article here: Top 5 Career Investments for 2012.
- Start the New Year on the “Wright” foot. Reserve your spot today to join me on a FREE teleconference on January 3, @ 8 pm Eastern. Register here.
- Networking is still one of the most successful job search techniques, so nurture your network. Don’t wait until you are in a rut to connect with them.
- Understand how to use the ‘Vacuum Theory’ to advance your career: do the jobs others won’t do, make a visible difference with your presence, and become known as the ‘go to’ expert.
- Get Ready for your Next In-house Assignment (as in a Promotion).
- Self-Educate Yourself for FREE from 12 dozen places. You will find lots of choices.
- Reinvent Your Personal Brand so you can really distinguish yourself.
- Find a job you like and you add five days to every week. ~H. Jackson Brown
- Don’t allow anyone to discourage you from dreaming lofty dreams. “People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours.” @WomenofHistory.
Hope you find them helpful. Happy New Year to you and much success in 2012.