Whether you are a job seeker, you are in a career transition or you are an entrepreneur, it’s impossible to ignore social media these days. Career and business opportunities are aplenty via Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter, but are you taking advantage of them? If you are not already convinced, read the following stats taken from an email from John Assaraf, of OneCoach:
Did you know that…
- If Facebook were a country, it would be third-largest in the world, and growing faster than #1 and #2 combined?
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world. Every minute, 24 hours of video is uploaded to it.
- LinkedIn is the largest network of business professionals in the world, with over 70 million users in 200 countries. 12 million of them visit daily, and a new one joins every second.
- Millennials now outnumber Baby Boomers. 96% of them have joined a social network.
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations about products. Only 14% trust ads.
- 93% of all business buyers believe all companies should be on social media platforms.
Although these questions were geared to business owners, it applies equally to job seekers and those in a career transition. Arm yourself with the tools of the social media revolution. Test the waters and swim in the one that appeals to you. Do something, will you?