After I had dressed my 3-year old grandson in his Spiderman Halloween attire this morning, he went to the mirror and started to act as if he were climbing the mirror. I asked what he was doing and he responded, “I am Spiderman and am climbing the wall.” He said it with such authority and confidence that I knew he wasn’t scared. In his mind’s eye, he could climb that wall, at least, that mirror.
What about you? What’s scaring you the most? Just for today, what if you put on your Halloween costume or your mask, and ‘acted as if…’
- Act as if you have received the promotion you know you deserve.
- Act as if you have aced the interview and you are just waiting to receive the offer letter.
- Act as if you have started the business you had put on hold because of lack of time or money.
- Act as if you have written the book you always wanted to write but the negative committee in your head keeps saying you are not a writer.
- Act as if you have enrolled in the certification program or the course you have always wanted to do.
- Act as if you have accomplished that major goal you resolved to do back in January.
- Act as if you have _____________________(Fill in the blank).
How does it feel? Just for today, Halloween Day, pretend you are 3 years old with nothing to fear, then act as if everything is possible!
To your success,
|Need a résumé, interview coaching or career advice? Want to hear about our Tell Stories, Get Hired Movement? Contact me at info[at]thewrightcareer.com or 647-930-4763. You can also visit www.thewrightcareer.com|