Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, even if you are not Canadian, eh?
Most Canadians woke up this morning without the ‘Monday Morning Blues’. Why? They didn’t have to go to work today. It is our Thanksgiving. Whoopee!
It is so easy sometimes to become bogged down with the trials and tribulations of life that we forget to pause and reflect on what we are thankful for. Today’s issue of the Monday Rx reflects on what Thanksgiving really means. It is not only a time to eat, drink and be merry. It has a deeper truth. That of being thankful for the many things we take for granted.
Allow me to be vulnerable and mention 10 of the things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful to be alive.
- I am thankful for my family and friends who keep me centred.
- I am thankful for my 5-year old grandson when he says things like “I bounced into a boy and hit my teeth, and now my teeth are scared.”
- I am thankful for Canada, and all that it offers.
- I am thankful for my five senses as well as the ability to write, speak, think, laugh and cry.
- I am thankful for my fingers and their ability to type extremely fast.
- I am thankful for the 18+ years I had my cats, Vanessa, Simba and Valentino.
- I am thankful for the work that I do, and for the clients and non-clients I serve.
- I am thankful for my Mom’s Bible, and the little notes she wrote or underlined throughout.
- I am thankful for Whatsapp that allows me to instantly keep in touch with my family from far and near.
How about you? What are you thankful for today? Let’s hear them.