The following is a very interesting post by Head2Head Recruiting in Toronto. The link to the full article and credit is listed below.
Job applicants love to complain about recruiters. They say that their online applications end up in a cyber black hole and are never read, responded to or recorded. While that might be true in some cases, there are candidates who always get a response and this is what they do to help us out as recruiters with limited time to fill specific positions with highly qualified candidates.
1. They save us time. They write their applications to be scanned. Qualifications and experiences are listed up front using the language used in the original posting.
2. They solve our problems. Recruiters, like employers, aren’t interested in what a job can do for you. We’re interested in what you can do for the company. Good candidates know what the pitfalls are and have thought about how to bridge them.
4. They are excellent at doing researchers. They are up-to-date on major events, performance issues and current trends in their industry.
5. They know how to leverage social media. All of their contacts know they are looking for work, what they want to do and how they intend to get it.
6. They’re passionate about their work. A dedication to their careers shines through difficulties. Further education, training and involvement in industry associations are listed on their CVs.
7.They give our clients a reason to feel inspired. Clients can tell when fresh blood is going to bring fresh thinking. When you’re a special candidate, it shows in your CV in your cover letter and, most importantly, in how you STATE YOUR GOALS. Ambition, combined with practical steps toward achievement, are the most attractive qualities in any candidate anywhere.
Article originally posted by Recruiting Head2Head in Toronto. Cut and paste this link: http://ow.ly/kwK7